Apr 12, 2009

Home Study Stress

On Tuesday, I got a phone call from our agency saying that she had received our first round of documents and that we would be receiving an email from our home study evaluator to set the date. Our agency worker said that if we didn't hear from the home study worker within thirty days, to call the worker and make arrangements. I have to admit that I was a little surprised because when our agency first talked to us about our timeline in this process, our home study was about four months down the line. Of course, in this process, being upset about the LACK of time some process takes is ludicrous. The very next day, I received a call from the home study evaluator, stating that she was needing to set our home study date. In the back of my mind, I still believed that we would be setting the appointment for sometime in June or July. Imagine my shock when she told me that her first available appointment was the 22nd....of April! I was ecstatic. I called Le (who was at the station and couldn't answer his phone until the end of the day) and left him a frantic message about all of the things we were going to need to fix. For those of you who know Le well, he can fix anything and is such a clean freak, that our house is usually very clean. However, I have a type-A personality that would rival any Fortune 500 CEO. I was imagining greasing all the door hinges to contemplating how to coordinate ripping up all the carpet in the house and reinstalling prior to the home study. As he always does, by the time Le and I talked that afternoon, he had reassured me that our carpet is fine and that we would be fine by the time the 22nd came around. I always leave it to Le to calm me down and tweak my plans to become more down to earth. Thanks baby!

No comments: