Aug 3, 2011

Women Wednesday: Makeup Removal

I am most upset with my kids when they lie to me. I don't think anything irks me like knowing that they have done something only to have them turn around and lie about it. Last night The Hero confronted me about an issue that I was not ready to address; so I did the thing I despise the most; I lied and told him I didn't know what he was talking about. Eight years together and The Hero knows me and he knows when to fight, but better than that, he knows how to win. I just had no desire to have my husband believe that I didn't have every area of my life together; even though he already knew better.


He let me go to bed feeling awful about lying to him. I was up at 6:30 this morning praying over my attitude and even The Hero was already at the station, I called and apologized.


Mommy: 0


The Hero: 2 (1 for avoiding the fight last night and 1 for out lasting me.)

I think we as women want every one around us to believe that we have it all together, that our families are a carbon copy of a Nordstrom catalog (we're more of the Old Navy variety, 'cause I can't keep The Dino without Cheeto stains) and we as women are all Maybelline models.

I wonder how much more fun The Hero and I would have had by lying in bed laughing, instead of ignoring the elephant in our bed and I wonder how much deeper my female relationships will be when we start discussing the hard stuff and removing the makeup.

3 comments:

Layla Payton said...

Woo, boy! So true.

Jennifer said...

Beautifully put. Thank you for this reminder. I think we all could use it!

cal+claire said...

Amen!