Aug 11, 2011

1st Time A Coincidence



I'll be 32 in September.

Within that time frame, I can't tell you that I've ever wanted a tattoo.

It's not that I have a religious restriction.

Or a hesitation about "marking my body".


I don't.


I just never wanted to be in my 80s and look down and think


"What the hell was I thinking with that?"

"Tweety bird, really?"

"That's not spelled correctly."

Or,

"I'm not sure I can tell what that was supposed to be."


A group of friends and I were actually standing in a tattoo parlor

in OKC 2 years ago waiting to get variations of Africa.


The artist was ticked there were 10 of us.

And I don't think she gave a rip about Africa.

She was so rude, we all left.


Back around Christmas, a sponsorship letter arrived from K.

At the bottom of it, he had drawn an adorable flower.

I told The Hero I had found my tattoo.


He laughed it off.

"Baby, that's probably not just for you. It's probably just a coincidence.

He probably draws that all the time."


Maybe the first time.

But imagine my surprise when I opened up the mail yesterday.

Our first letter from K since Christmas.


And at the bottom:




So don't be surprised if some time soon,

The above image is inked on my body.

Happy 32nd to me.

No comments: