May 26, 2011

Bacon Make You Feel Better?

Today was hard.

You know the type.


Words are snippy.

Attitudes are haughty.

Open disobedience abounds.

And that was just Mommy's day at the office.


The Angel has had a spell of lying lately.

It's completely out of character.


As I tucked she and The Dinosaur into bed tonight,

We talked about lying.

Why it's not good.

Why it makes it hard for Mommy to trust her.

Why it makes it hard on everyone when she lies.

She cried.

I cried.

We prayed.


She prayed to recognize the truth and own it.

I prayed to provide grace.

Even when she fails.

Just like my Father does for me.


The Dinosaur watched in amazement from his bed.

Still.

Through the talking.

Not a word.

Through the praying.

Just stares.

Until The Angel started crying again.


"Hey {Angel} bacon make you feel better?"


I thought he mispronounced a word.

I asked him to repeat.


"I ask {Angel} if bacon make her feel better?"


I almost fell off the bed laughing.

So did the Angel.


I asked the Dinosaur if bacon made him feel better.


"No. Why?"

No comments: