Jun 14, 2012

This Just Needs to Be Said

I can always tell when we are starting, praying about or in the middle of an adoption.
I know because of the paper work that lies about,
the emails that clutter my inbox,
and the anticipation that seems to linger in the air.

But more tangibly, I know because the whole world seems to go awry.
The axis of the earth seems to tilt,
the Super Moon graces us a bit longer
and our house starts to come alive.

Not like the house in Ammityville,
but alive with activity
and none of it is the good kind either.

On our date night last week, The Hero and I discussed our second adoption.
We made some very direct goals and hard decisions.
Almost immediately, our house responded.

The vacuum cleaner sparked and died on Friday.
Behavioral issues abounded with our children.
The washing machine keeled over Saturday morning.
And Monday we awoke to the air conditioning units refusing to pump cold air.

The repairman told us both units would have to be replaced.
(For those of you who have not replaced one it quite some time,
it's about the same cost as an international adoption).

The Hero met me at the door on Monday, smiling.
I found nothing to smile about.
But as we sat at the dining room table,
we started talking about our last date night.
And I started laughing.

Our house was under attack.
Literally.
Spiritually.

While The Hero called our insurance,
I called our adoption agency.
And sent them some money.
And just for good measure,
I made some small financial gifts to some of our favorite places.
And prayed over our house.

It's Thursday morning.
The Hero called me from his car.
The a/c repairman just left.
Units are fixed and pumping.
And it's covered by our insurance.
His only words "give thanks baby. This was all HIM today."

The Hero found a part for the washing machine.
And fixed it for less than $30.

Behaviors have been identified and specifically prayed over.

The only total loss was the vacuum cleaner.
But considering it was almost 12years old,
it didn't seem like too big a loss.

Whatever is keeping you from adoption, remember:
THE DEVIL HATES IT
AND WILL TRY ANYTHING TO STOP IT.

Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rules, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."




7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Spoken right to my heart. Thank you.

Mrs. D'Amico said...

I so needed to read this today!! I keep thinking and researching for D'Amico adoption number 2 but I get discouraged, distracted and uncertain every time I think about it.

cal+claire said...

Amen! The devil does not want us to do anything that brings eternal glory to our Father. Keep on following after God and He will guide your paths!

Kelly and Nick said...

A great reminder of God's goodness that I needed to read tonight. Thanks for sharing.

Erin Martin said...

You are so right! The important part is to see past the difficulty of the moment to the real issues at hand. Great post!

Unknown said...

Hang in there ladies. We've been through a lost referral and starting and stalling with DHS and just started another international adoption process. Through it all our house has responded and we're all still standing. Loving and praying for each one of you today.

Stephanie said...

Such a great reminder -- and encouragement -- for families in the midst of their adoptions!
Would you be willing to let us feature this post on "We Are Grafted In"? I'd just need a bio and a pic to use when it is featured on our site so we can direct people back to your blog.
Just let me know!
Stephanie
smurphy 28 @ juno . com
co-administrator of WAGI