Jul 15, 2009

All About the YEAH!!!

There have been so many moments in this adoption that have been full of "Awww" moments. The ones where your heart sinks and you feel lost, helpless and sad. On those days, I need to cry, hold Le tighter and spend more time online with my adoption friends who understand what it is that is making me crazy. Today was NOT one of those days. I work about two miles from my office. Ever since Le and I went last week for our CIS fingerprint appointment, I have driven home on my lunch break to check my mail, in the hopes that our approval letter is in the mail. I know...I am OCD and I can't help it. I had a court hearing today out of my county and I was training an intern in our office. I knew I was running late but I couldn't shake the urge to drive by my house and just look. As I pulled into the driveway and yanked open the mailbox expecting to find nothing, but inside was our CIS approval letter! I burst into tears. I tried to explain to my intern all the emotions I felt, but I fell horribly short. And as I was crying, frantically dialing Le, "You Are Being Loved" by Steven Curtis Chapman (the song I daily sing to my children) starting singing from my CD player and I cried all the harder. Today was one of those moments, however brief, that I was closer to my children and I could say "Mommy and Daddy are on their way". YEAH... waitlist, I can see you in my sights.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found your blog through another close friend's who has also been on the same adoption journey. Your words are inspiring, not only to those who are adopting, but to those just following the path of life. I pray that God blesses you with the child(ren) that you so love and cherish. As a mother who also went through struggles for my child, I keep this verse close to my heart: 1 Samuel 1: 27-28 "For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD." Grace be with you on your journey. I will pray for you and your family - each and EVERY one of you.

Laura Ferry-Jimenez said...

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!! oooh, I can already see the future blogs with all your awesome pics of your lucky children. how exciting!!!??? xoxo.

Jman's momma said...

I am a day late but rejoicing with you nonetheless. Praise God for the sweet blessings during this long journey. Can't wait to see beautiful photos of your new little family - soon, soon...

love, anne

Shala said...

Loved your post. Congrats, you are one step closer. Awesome news!

Ann Andrews said...

Oh my gosh! Yesterday all day I felt so strange A feeling I couldn't put my finger on it. When I sent you the email about
children, every email I received that day were about children. Now I know it was about my Grandchildren!!

I love you,
Mom A.

The Busters said...

Huge News! Congratulations! I have a feeling I am about to join the checking the mailbox obsessively club too. C'mon CIS!

Nikki said...

Yeah for the mailman! Can't wait to celebrate with you when you are officially on the wait list. Thanks for all the notes. We are so thankful to be home. The last two days have been very good, much better than earlier in the week. Food and sleep do wonders for all of us. Hope to see you soon!

Blog Shmog said...

congrats on the next step! it's such a huge relief when you get through CIS!!

whitneypratt@ymail.com said...

Congrats... such a relief to get that piece of paper! We had our USCIS appt this morning, so as we wait for our FDL, I expect that my OCD tendencies may starting kicking in, too. :) wonderful news!!