Dec 13, 2011


I was going through old pictures a few days ago,
getting ready to put together a collage for The Angel and The Dinosaur.
It's their second Christmas with us.
WHOA!
I never believed time gets spent this fast.
As we were looking at birthdays and holidays
and pics of funny faces,
this one appeared,
out of place in my digital file of pictures.
It is from a Christmas past.
Three to be exact.
This face wasn't yet my daughter.
She was still an orphan.
And she was watching a friend leave for her new home.
With her new family.

The Angel looked at the picture.

She smiled and just said

"I remember that day."

"That was the day my last friend left Africa."

Tonight as I tuck my daughter into bed,

there are millions just like her all over the world.

Maybe some even in our neighborhood,

who are standing at the gate,

watching,

waiting,

praying

for their turn.

Their chance to have a home.

What are we going to do about it?

No comments: