Mar 21, 2010

All About the Ahhhh....

We are winding down our trip. Only two more days until we leave. While I am excited about beginning our life at home, my heart just hurts at the thought of leaving this place. The kids are adjusting really well. Ruta had her first major tantrum today and it lasted longer than I thought possible, but after it was over, it was all smiles and everything resumed.

Hearing them say "mama" & "papa" melts us both, but their new word for Le is "ababa", which literally translates to "daddy". Ahh. Heart melting. Sometimes out of the blue, they will grab our faces and give us kisses unexpectedly and sometimes they both just come over for a hug. It is in these moments that I am reminded of what it must be like for our Heavenly Father when we lean into Him, trust him, and crave His attention.

Some days, it's the moments that make you breathe in and sigh deep that make it all worth it.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. I know the hardest part for myself and my hubby was leaving. I broke down when it was time to leave. I still miss Ethiopia and we've been home for 2 months. I can't wait to go back.

Jude said...

love hearing this wonderful news! praying for your trip home!

Beautiful Mess said...

beautiful! makes me warm and fuzzy!

emily said...

Oh I can't wait for more! and the pics........ :)

Laura Ferry-Jimenez said...

yeah... you guys are gonna do great!