Jan 3, 2013

New Year, New Word

I made my list of New Years' resolutions. Then I promptly threw them away. While there is still a lot of things I want to approach differently and some things I want to change completely, my type A personality takes such a list as a challenge and if not each item was strategically tackled and achieved, by the end of December of 2013, my level of failure would be overwhelming.

I decided instead to simply choose a word or a phrase or even a theme to approach this new year. My choice: joy. In every situation, in each circumstance, I want to be joyful. I don't want to focus on a number regarding my weight, I want joy in taking care of myself.
I want to insert more hugs, snuggles, giggles and laughter into my kids; so they'll remember mommy's laugh instead of mommy's scowl.
I don't want my husband to re-write the manual on how to romance his wife; I want to celebrate that 9 years later and he still makes my heart skip a beat.
Yes, there is much I want to be different about this year than the last; but I think I'll achieve one moment at a time.

Did you make any promises of change for this new year?


- Hugs n Love,

Lindsey

No comments: