Jul 3, 2012

How Do You Choose?

We have an agency.
We are home study ready.
Our finger print application can be sent off ASAP.
Only a few minor tweaks need to be made to our paper work.
And then there is one glaring blank:

Country:______________

For about four weeks now, we've been asked to fill in that blank.
Our family vote has been  bottle necked.

Two votes Ethiopia.
One votes India.
Mommy's vote can tie it up or give direction.

The Angel and The Hero are set that it's Ethiopia.
The Dinosaur just likes screaming "I'm an Indian."
(I have no idea why this is fun. But he loves saying it.)

So at dinner each night as we pray, we've been asking for direction.
We've received nothing but silence.

To be honest, I'm not sure He cares.
Don't get me wrong.
I know He has a plan and that He has chosen a very specific person(s) to join our clan.
But we know what the Word says.
The mandate is out there for us to receive.
And now that our eyes have been opened we know what to do.
But like all things, we have a choice.

Geography is up to us.
He is leading our every step, He's waiting on us to choose to fill in the blank.


5 comments:

Deb said...

I'm certain you're not seeking votes. ;) But just in case, I vote India. I've always wanted a multicultural, from around the whole globe family. So I'm imposing my "values" on you. Ha. But you are right. No matter what, God is in this and HE will bless!

Amy said...

We are in the same position as your family, except we are waiting to decide on a country before starting the home study.

It's a hard decision. Praying God makes it clear where your family should be.

The Sequin Singer said...

I pray God gives you a direct sign on which country! I think they are both great!

Nikki said...

Hugs and prayers to you as you decide. It's such a difficult decision and whenever you are talking about international adoption, the road is tough. I pray that whatever you decide, that you process is as smooth as possible and that your newest blessing fits perfectly in your family!
P.S. India is a crazy and yet amazing process. If you decide on India and have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me!!!

Stephanie said...

I think you are so right that He probably doesn't care. Would you mind if we featured this post on "We Are Grafted In" (www.wearegraftedin.com)? I think a lot of our readers would be blessed by this.
All I'd need is a brief bio and a pic to use when it is featured so we can direct people back to your blog.
Just let me know!
Stephanie
co-administrator of WAGI
smurphy 28 @ juno . com