Jul 16, 2013

What Makes It Great

It's no big secret. Adoption is hard. Damn hard some days. Some weeks even. 
Hard is definitely a four letter word to describe it. 
But there are moments in this parenthood that are, that I wouldn't take back for all the hard that has been produced between now and back then. 
Like, for the last two days at pickup, one of my babies who is no stranger to the hard and how to make it hard, screams my name and throws themselves into my arms. 
And last night a bed time, as he curled his fingers through mine, he whispers "Mommy, you are my friend." 
Yes, there is hard. And sometimes it is all that I see in a day. But it is the moments that are breathless that make it easier to breathe. 


"Of course it's hard....it's the hard that makes it great." Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

1 comment:

Deb said...

Amen, sister. xoxo